BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

The State of Change

After hearing what President Obama had to say tonight in his State of the Union Address a few things have instantly come to mind. First I wonder if the President is the leader of our country or a high school gym teacher trying to whip his students into shape. At times it felt like he would just say things so that the people in the room would stand up and applaude and then sit back down. I'm not sure if you've ever tried it but standing and sitting and standing and sitting is a great work out. I know my Jewish friends know what I'm talking about. We've all been there at services on the High Holidays. Obama seemed to have the Democrats fooled. They were constantly up and down in their seats. The Republicans in the room were clever. They caught on quick. They knew that if they were to fall victim to Obama's secret plan for fitness then eventually they would have to agree with his Healthcare plans. Obama did have the whole room standing though, on a few occasions. Everyone seemed to agree that America should be second to no country. If we are to be the America that the rest of the world knows and loves we must be number 1, not only in their hearts but in their global markets. Obama has a new plan he is working on for America. Jobs for everyone! This sounds as easy to obtain as the Health Care Reform or the Change we can believe in. Too bad that one year later we are still in the same place. However, it would be nice to see more jobs available for Americans. It would be nice to know that in a couple years when I'm leaving college behind and starting off life as a real human being I will have a decent chance of finding work. The president also mentioned the fact that this country needs to focus its attention on better education and that colleges should cut back on costs of tution. This is one bill I hope will pass since I don't plan on spending every penny I make as an old man on an education I got years ago. As I finish up this post and bring my ramblings to a close I sit here waiting. I am waiting to see if Obama can show he deserves the Nobel Prize and can actually follow through with these promises he has made. But more importantly I wait for to hear what John Stewart and Stephen Colbert have to say about the state of our union.

0 comments: