BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, February 22, 2010

Responce To Colleen's Thoughts

Before I read Colleen’s blogs about education all I knew was that where we live now is full of very good schools and that in other places, such as inner city environments, schools were not as good as us. I had heard of the No Child Left Behind Act. All I knew was that it was supposed to make our schools better. I have seen it take effect since there are students in our school who live in other close by cities but can attend our school because of this law. I thought this law was helping American education. I guess since we live in our own little perfect bubble called Deerfield, IL I had nowhere to look at for real proof. After seeing the photos of inner city schools compared to middle schools in our area it is clear that this law hasn’t changed much. I also found it extremely interesting that there were only 1% white students in the city schools and more than 90% white students in the suburbs. I know that our town is not very diverse but I thought that in the city there would be closer to a 50-50 ratio of students. I think Colleen did a great job pointing out where the American government has failed in the area of education. She made a lot of great points that are easy to understand and I feel like I have a whole different perspective of education in America.

0 comments: